I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Thursday, June 26, 2014

TBT: Pineview Panthers!

Oh Goodness.  You're going to like this one.  I stole it.  My BFF from back in the day posted this today and it made me laugh so much I just stole it.  And I need some laughter.  I've had a tough week emotionally, had all sorts of deadlines at work to meet and then went all klutzy on myself today and can barley move tonight.

The year was 1990. Start of our Senior year of high school. Pine View High School in St. George.  I (and everyone in this picture) were on the Student Council.  WHAT?  You didn't know I was on student council?  But you're not surprised are you?  You shouldn't be.  I thrived on student council.  Without it I would have been just another emotional drama queen smoking pot behind the seminary building.  But I wasn't.  I was on student council.  I loved every minute of it.

What cracks me up are the way our personalities shine through in this odd odd picture.  I don't know whose idea this was.  I know it was for the year book...but beyond that, time has stolen the details.  I love how I am wearing high-waisted, pleated, pegged, high-water, acid washed jeans-belted with my shirt tucked in.  That  my friends, was a CHOICE.  I love how Kirsten somehow has the goofiest possible expression and is classically giving us a peace sign as we sport actual weapons of war while standing on a TANK.

Enjoy.  For the record: I LOVED high school.  I'm not sure that is something you are supposed to admit, but I did.  I wouldn't go back for the world, but I loved it.  It saved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment