I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Dog on Patrol

Last week I posted a picture of Huck in our backyard.  To the casual observer he may have looked as though he was lounging around in the grass...but I knew better.  We've had these birds who have taken to terrorizing the poor beast by bothering his toys.  He was guarding them.  He had gathered up all his balls and bones and his favorite stick into a pile and was standing watch.











Yesterday, I noticed Huck being uncharacteristically active in the backyard and went to check it out.  He kept running around on the trampoline and then sticking his head in between the springs at which point a large bird on the fence would swoop down and then Huck would chase it back over to the fence.  This went on awhile.


video



Turns out...there were 2 of the birds trapped under the trampoline.  They eventually found their way out, but they were giving our tubby puppy a little exercise in the meantime.  After awhile he grew tired and came in for a snack, Mr. Beene went out and took a couple of the springs off to make a bigger hole and the birds hopped out and flew away.

It is hard being a dog that the birds tease. I guess they didn't get anti-bullying instruction in their youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment