I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Wisconsin

Did you know I used to live in Wisconsin?  Yup.  I went there in the summer of 1998 as a first hand for American Player's Theatre in Spring Green, and ended up staying and taking a job in corporate America designing soft goods for the home dept. of Lands' End.  As in sheets, quilts, kids bedding, blankets and towels.  It was an interesting job.

We bought a little house in Mineral Point (pop. 2112) that had been built in 1912.  Our first Christmas we went to a tree farm and chopped our own tree down.  And then when we got it home it was too big to fit through the front door.  So we had a porch tree.  Our house looked so cute.

When we had to put that house up for sale two years later (in November-for another move) we used these pictures.  Our house sold in 5 days.

I can't say I loved living in WI, but I loved so many of our friends that we made there and miss them!  They need to come visit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment