I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Seussical

Seussical opens today at the Covey Center in Provo.  This is my fourth year doing costume for Center Stage Youth Performers, and surprisingly, this may be my favorite show for them yet.  I think the costumes turned out pretty cute overall and the show itself is pretty fun.














I'm actually not a huge fan of this particular show, but these kids have done a great job this year.  And I'm not just saying that because The Missus is in it this year. But she's pretty cute too.  She plays a who, a thing and a circus clown, and it is terrifying because she seems soooooo in her element.  And I can only blame myself.  And she's um....very, um....very loud.  I'm backstage, but went out into the lobby tonight to get a signal on my phone and despite the fact that there were dozens of kids singing on stage and I was listening through closed doors I could still hear her particular voice.  







If you have smallish people, this is the perfect show to take them to.  An hour and twenty minutes, starts at 7:00, so you are out the door by 8:30, full of lots of fun Seuss characters they may recognize and singing and tons of color and movement.  No dull moments.

You can buy tickets online here. It runs through Saturday.

In the meantime, here are some more pics from dress rehearsal.






















No comments:

Post a Comment