I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Death Comes To Frosty

A few weeks ago all the snow finally melted.  This is snow we got in early December.  It is actually pretty rare for snow to stick around quite that long.  I was kinda holding out for a few more weeks, because without the bank of snow up against my north facing house, I really have no excuse to still have my Christmas decorations up.  They were looking sad too...the garland had fallen down in places and a couple of my window wreaths had just given up...but anyway, I digress.  I took them down.  Whatever...yeah, I'm that neighbor.

This weekend I went out to talk to the kid in our neighborhood who runs the lawn racket doing everyone's lawns and stuff and he was out with his aerating machine, trying to talk me into not killing my lawn (USELESS CROP PEOPLE) when I noticed a little scene over in the corner of the yard.

It was the remnants of what, at some point, had been a snowman.  Built before anyone wanted "to build a snowman."

It kind of made me sad...until I remembered that spring was coming and also noticed my crocus and daffodils and tulips poking up.

SPRING Y'ALL!

death to snowmen

No comments:

Post a Comment