I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Carbs That Will Change Your Life

A couple of weeks ago The Citizens and I went up to Park City to ski at Canyons.  We don't really ski there because it is freakin' expensive.  But I won tickets by exploiting my skiing kids on a Facebook contest and so we went.  FOR FREE.  Which is pretty much the only way to get us up there.

But anyway, we're up there, there was a bit of a fiasco with a dropped pole, a bit of drama, and everyone wanted to pack it up for the day...but I didn't get us up at the crack of dawn and haul everybody and all their gear up the mountain to call it quits by 10:30 in the morning.  So I did what all good moms do in this sort of situation...I buy their good humor with treats.

It works and we head on out and that's when we noticed a delicious smell wafting out of a nearby hut. Sweet heavenly waffles up on the mountain! That apparently they stuff with dark Belgian Chocolate.

Well, we got waffles on the brain, so when we got home we got on Pinterest and starting looking at Waffle recipes.  And that's when our lives changes forever.  Because that's when we discovered Churro waffles.

I can't take credit for the idea, but I doubt you could really pin down the person who did.  I didn't use the recipe on the blog, I used my own, very favorite waffle recipe, but added about a tsp. of cinnamon to the batter and then when you fling those hot babies off the griddle, brush it with butter and then toss with cinnamon and sugar.

Holy Mother of Waffles.  You may never eat regular waffles again.

My people decided to still pour syrup on them (and lets be honest, they didn't start out all that nutritious...) as well as whip cream and at one point a drizzle of chocolate syrup too.

I'm not kidding, a whole heckalot easier than churros and so so so so so tasty.  Maybe not the friendliest of diet foods, but who cares when you're this happy?

If you'd like my waffle recipe, go here.

We could attain world peace with these waffles y'all.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, good. I was going to ask for your waffle recipe. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete