I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, January 20, 2014

Ice Ice Baby

I took the citizen to the ice castles up in Midway Saturday.


What??  You don't know what this is?  About 40 tons of ice in a parking lot.  Awesome ice.  And coming right on the heels of Frozen, very well timed.  It was about all I could do not to break into song.  Especially since Olaf made an appearance...




They have a nice little website here where you can read about them and see some great shots and video. We went during the day, but I hear they are awesome at night too.


















But mostly, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about the film from the 70's.  You know which one I'm talking about, right?  It was kind of awesome back in the day.  No?






Well, here's a little video to remind you.  Because if you go visit the ice castles, you should definitely have this song playing through your mind the whole time.







*If you do decide to go to the Ice castles DO check out their website and pre-purchase tickets.  This will save you a ton of time in line, especially on the weekends.  Also, the ground was a good 4" deep in slush when we went, so boots are really a must.















No comments:

Post a Comment