I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Handmade Christmas

I know Christmas is long gone, but since I didn't get to exchange gifts with one of my besties til last night, I couldn't post anything yet.

I love making Christmas gifts, but they take time, and quite frankly, not everyone appreciates the time it takes or the end result, so I'm pretty careful with who I will make gifts for anymore.  If you'd rather get a gift card from me, that's probably what you'll get.  But I do have a handful of people in my life, talented in their own right, that I know love and treasure hand made gifts, and for them I will do it...

I didn't even get started until Thanksgiving this year, though, so my ability to make and gift was a bit hampered by time.  And I decided to embroider.  Which I don't actually know how to do.  But I did.  I don't think I could sell my wares at a gift bazaar, but I think my friends liked them, and I had fun doing them.  I found retro patterns and they were so fun!  I especially love the Chicken and rooster dating/wedding/mating series for my chicken artist friend.

Do you do handmade gifts?  What do you do?  Are you picky about who you'll give them to?


No comments:

Post a Comment