I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Footloose and Fancy Free

If you are friends with me on Facebook, you already know that back in December I paid off my student loans from Grad school.  I was pretty happy and pretty darn pleased with myself.  But yesterday, the OFFICIAL letter came.  Meaning, officially, I no longer have student debt.  I didn't have to take out a huge ton of loans to get through grad school, but even still it took nearly TEN years to pay it off.  And I'm not even a Dr. or anything.  Geesh.

But I will never grouse about education.  In my opinion, it is seldom wasted.  Because of my MFA, I am able to work in a field I enjoy with people I like and provide (well enough) for The Citizens....now if only I could make it full time at one place...


No comments:

Post a Comment