I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Friday, December 20, 2013

The Ghost of Christmas Present

"This boy is Ignorance.  This girl is Want.  Beware them both, and all of their decree, but most of all beware this boy, for on his brow I see that written which is Doom, unless the writing be erased.  Deny it!  ...Slander those who tell it ye!  Admit it for your factious purposes, and make it worse.  And abide the end!"

"Have they no refuge or resource?" cried Scrooge.

"Are there no prison?" said the spirit, turning on him for the last time with his own words.  "Are there no work houses?"

The bell struck twelve.



This is perhaps my favorite section in A Christmas Carol, and the passages we read last night,

Huck was deeply affected.

As should we all be.




Merry Christmas!  Winter Break is finally here!

No comments:

Post a Comment