I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Book Report: Harry Potter (s)

Ok.  I'm not actually going to Review Harry Potter.  I started reading this series with Anna last year at her request.  We finished #5 a couple of months ago, and are gearing up to start #6 in January.
Like many many people, I love these books.


I recently met someone who bragged that they had never read them and didn't care to.  Whatever.
 That's like saying "I've never eaten chocolate, but because so many people like it, I'm never going to try it, because it would taste like the masses."  Seriously, you are the only one losing out there.

I started reading these before I had kids (just before Citizen #1 hit the scene) and waited eagerly for each one to come out.  Because the span between each one was 2-3 years, my poor memory just couldn't hold it all in, so I would start over with #1 each time a new one came out.  But this time, I'm reading them with Anna, and reading your favorite books with a child is wonderful.  I love that we both get into it and lose track of time, and that she can't wait to get into her jammies so we can read together.

I don't have a lot of loose time on my hands, so snuggling down in my bed and reading is precious.  I'm not sure how much more I'll get, so I'd better make these last 2 books count.

No comments:

Post a Comment