I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Book Report: Before I Go To Sleep

Before I Go To Sleep
S.J. Watson

This one is a weekend reader.  Easy, not too long, total fluff, suspense.

Christine, the main character wakes up and can't remember where she is, how she got there, and who the man in the bed beside her is.  Turns out, everyday is like this.  She has had a traumatic experience that has erased nearly 20 years of her memory.

Her doctor gives her a journal to keep and she begins to track her experiences and what few memories she does have and each day she starts again, reads her journal to find out about herself and then adds to it.  In this process she begins to unravel her memories and that's where the good stuff starts to happen.

Can't tell you anymore without ruining it, although I don't think it is terribly tricky to figure out.

Like I said, a good weekend get-away read.  I could totally see a movie made out of this; I'm surprised it hasn't been yet.

**Just googled it...it will be coming out in 2014 with Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth.  HAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment