I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Things I Don't Understand or Maybe I'm Just Old

So my little miss likes to listen to the radio.  And not NPR and Ira Glass as I have brought her up to do.  She insists on what the youths these days like to refer to as "pop music."

And frankly, I just don't get a lot of it.  It makes me feel old.

"Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag, drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?"

Hmmmm....no.  can't say I've ever felt like a plastic bag?  Or maybe the plastic bag wants to start again??? I don't know....I just don't know.

"We could be Starving, we could be homeless, we could be broke
As long as you love me
I"ll be your platinum, I'll be your silver, I'll be your gold"

Yeah, but no thanks.  Really, love is not all you need.

"I came to dance, dance, dance, dance
I hit the floor 'cause that's my plans, plans, plans, plans
I'm wearing all my favorite brands, brands, brands, brands
Give me some space for both my hands, hands, hands, hands
Yeah, yeah
'Cause it's goes on and on and on
And it goes on and on and on..."


and on and on and on....



And pretty much anything by Train:

"OH I swear to you
I'll be there for you
This is not a drive by, ah-ah-ah-ah
Just a shy guy looking for two-ply
Hefty bag to hold my love
When you move me everything is groovy
They don't like it sue me
Oh I swear to you
I'll be there for you
This is not a drive by"

Why am I not swooning for this guy, right now, I ask myself?  Clearly, it is not a drive by.

"She went down in an airplane
Fried getting suntanned
Fell in a cement mixer full of quicksand
Help me, help me, I'm not good at goodbyes!
She  met a shark under water
Fell and no one caught her
I returned everything I ever bought her
Help me, help me, I'm all out of lies
And ways to say you died"

At least we know they can rhyme.

And soooooo many more.  But I'm usually driving and don't write them down...the sad things is, I think I know most of the lyrics to all these songs.  

Help me, help me...

So what is the song that gets to you?

2 comments:

  1. "Just a shy guy looking for two-ply Hefty bag to hold my love" might just be the worst lyrics I have ever heard. Is he a serial killer?

    ReplyDelete