I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Whatcha Up To La?

This is NOT one of the costumes, but
is awesome.  And a bat.
More Opera!  Actually, I'm done with the Opera.  But it opens tomorrow and runs through the weekend.

If you like opera, you should go see this.


Die Fledermaus is "The Flying Mouse" (BAT) and there is supposed to be a joke in there somewhere about a bat and a guy makes an appearance as a bat, but you shouldn't feel bad if you don't get it, cause I didn't.



If you would like to be introduced to opera, this one won't make sense, but is Strauss and is very pretty and not too dreadfully long.  They sing in German, but there are subtitles so you'll know what's going on and they speak in English.  Even my kids sat through most of a rehearsal until they remembered the candy counter over in the student center.



I don't have any good pictures yet...but this one is my fav. gown.
Blue silk.  It makes a lovely swishy sound...

If you like costumes, you should go see this, because I know the costume designer intimately, and she thinks there are a couple of really pretty gems flouncing about the stage.

If you would like info on tickets, go here.

And now, we will rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment