I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Whatcha Up to La?

The Opera Edition

So I've been scrambling like mad to get Die Fledermaus ready to go on stage next week.  They do not cast most of the roles until school starts, which this year was after Labor Day...but it opens the weekend of Oct. 17.  That is a quick turn around.



It is also triple cast.  Yes, you heard me.  As in THREE cast members for every lead part.


I'll bet she got into the priesthood session...



But, as far as operas go, this one is pretty fun and is by Strauss, so maybe not as hard to digest for non-opera lovers as some of the others.





I'm also getting to design some pretty gowns.  I'm in fittings for those later this week, so I'll have to post pics later, but we had photo call this week, so I can at least give you a peek.

If you'd like to go, info on that here.

And remember: The maids have all the fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment