I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Conversations with a boy: British Boys Have All the Fun.

Boy:  Mom, I hate my art class

Me: That's too bad.  I can check, but I'm pretty sure you can't do anything about it until the term ends.

**************
One week later...

Boy: So my friend is looking for guys to join the choir.  I guess they don't have enough boys.

Me:  A friend?

Boy: Yeah.  The choir teacher can switch my classes.

Me:  OK.  Who is your friend?

Boy:  um...

*******
One week later....

Me: So how was choir?

Boy: Fine.  They had auditions for the concert.

Me: Did you audition?

Boy: Yeah, but I'm not going to get one of the singing parts.  I'm pretty sure it will be a speaking part-like the narrator.

Me: huh.

Boy:  Yeah, its because of the accent.

Me: You auditioned with an accent?

Boy:  Oh yeah.  The British one.  The girls LOVE it.

Me: Of course you did.  And of course they do...

1 comment: