I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, September 16, 2013

September is a Gateway Drug

Today I started back up on the ole train.  I've been driving most days since I was doing a show and lugging costumes back and forth, but today marked a new era of less driving, less rage, more blogging.  (I know...you live for this.  I'm doing my best.)

Yes, I took this while driving down I-15.
But it was a quick point and click.  I didn't look.
I'm impressed by my non-photography
skills.
Today as I was gazing out the train window I was struck by how beautiful it has been this past week. It rained nearly everyday for a WEEK.  That is pretty much equivalent to pink elephants on the moon in Utah and everything was suddenly green again.  And everything has that wonderful fresh scent.  Outdoorsy maybe?  Yes, it smells outdoorsy.  And clean. The air is clean and the clouds have been super fluffy.  And the temperature dropped about 20 degrees...and that's when I remembered

FALL IS COMING.

AND IT IS THE BEST.

Which is probably made even better because August is THE WORST.

I love fall.  And I like September a lot, because it gets us there.

No comments:

Post a Comment