I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Peace be With You

Today is International Day of Peace, which follows close on the heels of Talk Like a Pirate Day.  Extra Points to the person who can draw believable connections between the two.



Anyway, I only learned of this because they were doing Pinwheels for Peace at Wm's school yesterday.

I LOVE stuff like this.

LOVE.

I love that my son's school was an active participant in the day and that they include this in his education. I love that every kid in the school made a pinwheel and stuck it in the lawn to mark the day.

Maybe this next generation will get it right...if the trajectory stays on target, there will be a lot less bigotry, misogyny, and hate of people who look and believe differently, so maybe.  Maybe.

I saw this posted on Facebook last week from Humans of New York:



"What's something adults do that they shouldn't do?"

"Punish kids.  And war."

Here's hoping.


No comments:

Post a Comment