I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Solving Those First World Problems

Remember back when I invented pants to solve your issues with weight gain and loss?  Yeah.  It was a big hit.  Well, I'm at it again.

So as is my custom when The Citizens are away, I went to a movie.  Its a big treat because it is usually NOT animated and I don't have to share my popcorn.  So I went to see The Great Gatsby. Really pretty.  But that's not why we're here.

 I've been ruminating over a popcorn lover's problem for some time now: If you are a woman who likes popcorn perhaps a little too much and tends to shovel it in your maw with both hands once the lights go out...you may have noticed, when you get home, that your bra is full of bits of popcorn and kernels and perhaps even full pieces of the stuff.  If you think about it, a direct drop of a piece of popcorn that just missed your mouth goes straight into that little opening at the top of your shirt.

Aside from the fact that popcorn can be a bit itchy when lodged in your bra, it is a shameful waste of such a tasty treat.  So I've invented The Popcorn Trough (patent pending).

Here is a sketch.  So it is sort of funnel shaped, so it can nestle in that little dropping space, with elastic straps that go up around your ears creating a safe space below your chin for kernels to drop into.  When it is full (or you've run out of other popcorn) you simply remove
the straps and deposit the popcorn back into your bucket where it can be enjoyed again, thus eliminating that embarrassing moment when you miss your mouth.  No more greasy popcorn stains on the front of your shirt!  No more missed eating opportunities!  No more itchy bra or having to reach down the front of your shirt to retrieve those stray bits!

And while I really think my target audience will be women, I can see this coming in handy for guys as well.

Problem solved.  You're welcome.




1 comment:

  1. Would you mind making it waterproof? My boobs are way too big, so when I go for a sip... er, guzzle... of my monster sized Dr Pepper I have to tilt it to reach all the way back to my face. Then I invariably have soda dumped down my front. Usually it's just the dribbles that get caught under the rim of the cup, but sometimes it's much, much worse. I've started remembering to grab handful of napkins before the movie. Then I either fashion an absorbent pad on my chest, lodged in the ole' cleavage for stability, or I lean way over every time I take a drink until it's more than half empty. Still, I have to change my shirt 75% of the time after a movie.

    ReplyDelete