I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Obligatory Back-to-School Post

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Doesn't he just look
too cool for you?
Yes, well, he is.
No really.  It is.



Oh?  did you you want me to say that I'm sad that summer is over and that I'll miss being with my kids?  Well, shucks, you're just going to have to go read another blog, because I freakin LOVE the start of school.
Frankly, I hate most things about summer, including the lack of routine.  I crave it; it keeps me focused and going.  I also love school supplies....oh that wonderful smell of a new eraser (who even uses erasers anymore?  don't know, but I still buy them).

Anyway.  The Citizens are back at it.  William started Jr. High last week, to which we were almost late for the first day (yay mom!) and Anna went today.  She has an awesome teacher this year.  William had her in 4th grade also, so this is old hat.  She has a theme each year-this year is military.  She showed up in Military gear and started barking commands at the kids.  They loved it and man was their line straight.






I start back tomorrow.  I've got my roles, and my calendars and my new fancy ipad to keep me on track.  I even have new pens and dry erase markers *sigh*.

Yay for school!

1 comment:

  1. my boyfriend and i went back to school this semester and BOTH of our mothers requested that we take a back to school picture and send it to them! ... we are 25!

    ReplyDelete