I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, June 24, 2013

POPular! I'm Gonna Be POPu-ooh-LAR!

So today, I hit my 1,000 follower on Pinterest.  I know.  Even my computer just tried to auto-correct that number to 1.00 because it also placed little trust on both my popularity and my honesty.

I'm not sure why this would make me happy, except in it validates the time I spend on Pinterest.  IT is of value to others...therefore, I should continue it, nurture it, believe in it and also myself.

If you do not follow me on Pinterest, you should.  I'm clearly awesome at the pinning thing.  Most of my boards revolve around some sort of costume history thing or show thing or making thing, which, in truth is what I do for a living, so I guess there is value there, and also, I no longer have stacks of pages of ripped out of magazines in my office, so it solves a much needed clutter problem too.

But I thought I'd brag.  To my two readers.  About my 1,000 followers elsewhere.  In a place where I am awesome.  And getting awesomer by the minute.


*ahem* Make that 1002.*

2 comments:

  1. Man, I thought I was awesome with my 300 and some change followers. I don't hold a candle to you. Except that Carol Hannah Whitfield follows me. That's got to be worth something. And by something, I mean about 1000 followers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am with my pitiful 288 followers. Though I still feel like a rockstar for those because I'm not particularly unique or interesting and very few of those are people I actually know. So I'll multiply mine by an exponent of *social anxiety* which gives me more followers than I can think of without overwhelming feelings of inadequacy.

    ReplyDelete