I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Why Are You Here?

So I am completely fascinated by the stats stuff associated with this blog.  My numbers are fairly irrelevant since I have little to compare it to although I am impressed that anyone comes here at all.
The thing that gets me though is where they are coming from.  Yesterday, for instance, I had 10 hits from Turks and Caicos Islands.  I consider myself somewhat geographically aware since I watch the Miss Universe Pageant and all...but I had never heard of this place.  Never.  Had to googly it. Spell check flagged it.  And yet, 10 people (or just one person ten times which is an equal mystery) from this place, that I've never heard of has been here of all places.

And so you don't have to unnecessarily work those little fingers of your typing it into Wikipedia, here's the lowdown:
It is a small British Territory sort of tucked over in between the Bahamas and Hispaniola (i.e. pirate territory...) and has about 32,000 people.  Which makes my popularity over there pretty darn high when you look at percentages of hits per capita.  It is all tropical. It looks beautiful.


Here's another example leaving me flummoxed:
Last week, in ONE day, outstripping my usual number of daily hits I had something like 30+ hits from Russia.  Why Russians, why?  I am not at all sad or worried that you are my #2 world area after the U.S. for blog visits, but why?  What brings you here?  Do you keep coming back or is it new (and thoroughly confused) visitors each day?


I get the U.S. hits to my blog. I live in the U.S.  99.9% of my friends live in the U.S. (shout out to Suzanne who I know has been to my blog at least once and Rebekah and Sarah who may or may not have ever been here--so truthfully 99.99% of my friends live in the U.S.) But that would only cover any possible hits from Switzerland, Germany and the U.K.

Anyway, my point is HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE BEING SO MISLEAD ON THE INTERNETS  AS TO MAKE THEIR WAY TO ME?


If you keep coming back (no matter where you hail from) why?
If you don't even know me and don't follow me, how did you get here?
If you do keep coming back, from U.S. or not, why not follow me officially?  It would satisfy my gratuitous need for attention.

Curiosity is getting the better of me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey La,

    I'm a friend of Tara's. She told me about you and your blog so I thought I'd check it out. You're amusing, and your thoughts are... um... interesting, to say the least. I'm officially "following" you now, though, after a lengthy time of mild internet stalking. I'm in Texas, so if you see hits from southeast Texas (Houston area or Beaumont)that may be me. Or, you know, one of your plethora of other fans.

    You're great. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic. Interesting, you say? Hm. My flag that says "people are making fun of you" just went up. Luckily, I have healthy self esteem and am not too worried about that. Texas....yet another foriegn, flar-flung destination. Welcome!

      Delete