I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Recipe: All-the-People Pleasing Chicken

Are you on Pinterest?  NO?  Where do you live that you do not know about this?  Or rather, WHY aren't you on Pinterest?  Because misery loves company and I want you to waste your time like I do so I want you on Pinterest.  Go to Pinterest now.  You can follow me.  Lots of people do.  Far more than follow this blog.  I am a good pinner.  We all have talents.







Anyway, I have one board filled with Recipes.  Mostly dinner type stuff.  On occasion, when inspired (or when I have to cook for people other than my own family) I will look through this board hoping to be inspired...

I came across this recipe awhile back and thought it looked interesting and also easy, which is a good combination for the time hassled person.  But I didn't like the name of the recipe (Man pleasing Chicken) because #1: There is no man to please in my house and #2: There is just something about cooking to please a man that gets my feminist hackles all in a fuss and #3 I want to please ALL of us...which can be tricky in any family.

So here is my attempt to recreate it, but with a new name and a few slight adjustments.  We mostly liked it.  William didn't love it, but he rarely loves anything, particularly meat.  I also sliced it up cold and put it on a salad for lunch later in the week and thought it was yummy.



I'm wondering if it would work in a crock-pot.  Someone try that and tell me how it went.




ALL THE PEOPLE PLEASING CHICKEN


You will need:
  • 2 1/2-3 lbs of chicken
  • 1 cup dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 2 Tb rice wine vinegar








  • Preheat oven to 450
  • Oil down or spray a baking dish or casserole (or you could also line it with foil)
  • Pat down chicken w/ paper towel and salt & pepper those babies; place in dish
  • Mix up mustard, syrup and vinegar
  • Pour mixture over chicken
  • Cover and put in oven for about 40 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.  














I flipped my chicken, removed the lid and spooned the sauce up over the chicken half way through.

I wish I had cut that one enormous breast in half length wise...and think that thighs would also work really well in this recipe.


Voila!
I think this would feed a family of about 4-6 pretty easily.
Try it!  Tell me how it goes.





4 comments:

  1. As a good friend, I will make this in the crockpot on Sunday. Sunday is fast Sunday so we must have something in the crockpot so we can eat immediately or we will ALL STARVE TO DEATH.

    I will let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. I await your report.

      Delete
  2. Here is the report. I didn't make the full recipe as the 4 of us can't eat that much chicken. (Well, I probably could, but there's that whole diet thing going on.) Anyway, I put the chicken in the crockpot, poured the sauce mixture over it, turned the crockpot to low and went to church. We ate it 5 hours later. It tasted fine, but it was little dry. I think it might have been better an hour earlier or I should have added a little water.

    But even my daughter ate it after proclaiming the ingredients all gross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is good to know. I was worried about the dryness factor...I'm glad your daughter liked it!

      Delete