I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Celebrating Dr. Suess

Here at our house we are readers all around.  Today Huck gets back online with his top 10 book list for readers of all ages.


Dear Huck,
What do you like to read?
Books Galore in Sheboygan


Dear Books,
I too love to indulge in a good bit of fantasy or whimsical reading now and again.  I've been asked to give you a list of my top 10 books of all time, so here you go.  And in case you were wondering Go Dog Go or Old Yeller aren't on my list.
Most of these books I have found essential in developing my outlook on life, love and people in general and should be go-to's for that quiet time when you snuggle your little one and read to them.


1. The Agony and The Ecstasy by Irving Stone

2.Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

3. Lord of the Flies by William Golding

4. The Lottery by Shirley Jackson

5. Animal Farm by George Orwell

6. The Stranger by Albert Camus

7. Othello by William Shakespeare

8. And the Collected Works of Edgar Allen Poe




Lest you think I'm a little down on, I'll give a few I like to go back to again and again for a little pick-me-up

9. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

10. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

There are, of course, at least seven or eight other worthy books out there and I encourage all of us to get out there and read!

Literarily Yours,
Huck


*To submit a query to Dear Huck email him at Hucksadvice@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment