I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oh Yeah! It's the Oscar Edition.

Or should I say, the Oscar dress edition?  But I'm not going to harp on the ugly ones.  You know who you are *cough  Anne Hathaway cough*.

But I would like to make a few observations:

The theme of the hour was this metallic art nouveau style.  I kind of like it.  It was interesting.  Not everyone did it well.



There were of course, several moments that will live on forever on the internets that were just bad moments, maybe not necessarily bad dresses.

Ok, maybe this dress is just bad....because what you
want to accentuate is just how wide you are.
Also Quentin Tarantino may not be the most
flattering accessory.
Poor Amanda...does her head just look
enormous here?
To be fair, she was not posing, probably just looking
for the ladies room... but for such a petite gal, those
are some mighty gold boobs.
Speaking of boobs...you know what is super sexy?
Smashed boobs.
Did this designer not see Project Runway a couple
of weeks ago?  Tim Gunn is gonna have a fit.
Annnnd more boobs
(what exactly did you expect??)
But goodness, I want to know what exactly
is holding all that up.  That is a bit perky
to be au natural.
Ouch.  Side boob/armpit fat.
So unfortunate.

I don't mean to pick on this one, and she's about as thin as they come,
but there were several shots of her that were also pushing skin
into unfortunate configurations.
*Note to self, practice posing in mirror to make sure
there are not weird pooches of skin and fat...
And then there were all the nerds on the red carpet.
Poor things...you can dress them, but
you can't give them presence.
Can I say Jennifer Hudson looks great?

 Now it is time for me to see a few of these movies, which is, apparently, what the night is supposed to be about.  I guess.
















1 comment:

  1. OMG! Maybe I am just blinded by my adoration of everything that is Anne Hathaway, but I didn't think her dress was that bad.

    SEE SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK. SEE BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD! I also really enjoyed Argo.

    ReplyDelete