I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Developing my Inner Evil Caricature

So I've developed an eye tic (not an app named I-tic as a friend of mine thought today) .  I've had it for about a month now.  A MONTH.  It comes and goes throughout the day...but I think it is slowly pushing me closer and closer to madness.
I'm worried it is indicative of something more sinister.  Like an evil alter-ego.  This is where it gets tricky, because I'm certain I have several students who would argue I am already evil...but I disagree, I am not quite evil...just not cuddly.  It is not in my nature, but that doesn't mean I don't care.  IN FACT, I would argue I am hard on them (or just plain honest, as I like to think) because I do care.
But back to the eye tic.  I've looked it up.  It is probably not a medical issue, but caused by stress or lack of sleep or dry eyes or allergies or over caffeination.  WELL, I've been all of those things for years and have never had an eye tic.  But maybe this is going to replace cold-sores which is probably fine.  Madness over disfigurement.

But my real concern is where this is taking me.  Evil villains, ugly old neighbors and crazy people often have eye tics--especially when they lose their tempers. Or are losing their minds. Or both.


I read this about my malady:

"The prevailing notion seems to be that an eye twitch denotes insanity, which can apply to a permanently mad person with a permanent tic, or an unstable character whose twitch manifests along with their madness. As such, it usually accompanies a Broken Smile, and sometimes overlaps with Mad Eye." (source here)

And there are plenty of examples out there to support this theory.

Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory



The Chief Inspector from the Pink Panther movies



Ed the Hyena



Dr. Horrible has an eye twitch when he confronts his nemesis...



Wile E. Coyote?  Everytime.


Both Squidward and Spongebob get eye twitches when they're losing it.


Donkey, in Shrek says "When I get outta here, I'm gonna need some serious therapy! Look at my eye twitching! " 




And I'm sure there are ample more examples.  I'm not sure where this will lead.  But if in future blog posts you sense I am slowly becoming more and more unhinged because I claim wild crazy things like supporting the Republican Party or dieting...my eye is probably still twitching.



No comments:

Post a Comment