I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013: It begins

Whew.  Just thinking of this past year makes me tired.  Thinking of this past year for so many of my friends makes me tired.  I'm not sure it was a particularly kind and generous year to anyone.  Perhaps that is because it was supposed to signal the end of the world as we know it.

Wait....thoughts occurring...

MAYBE it WAS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNEW IT.

Which can only bode well for 2013, right?
If the old world is left behind, something new must be waiting for us in this bright new shiny year.  It is unspoiled and untainted and if you are like me and haven't listened to the news in almost two weeks, a wonderful waiting wonderland.
I'm going to channel all this positive energy into thinking this could be a good year.  For all of us.

Here's a recap of 2012:
January 1; moved to the new blog-my two followers followed me. Yay!
February: realize tormenting my dog with costumes fought off despairing thoughts
March; Went to Mexico on our first out-of-country adventure with the Citizens
April: left off teaching Relief Society to do Activity Days
June: Noorda summer camp and Sewing Camp
July: drove to Minnesota via The Badlands National Park
August: Went camping in Glacier National Park
Sept-Nov:  a blur of non-stop productions (I'm not kidding, I think I counted 9)
Dec: a nap

My little blog garnered just over 4500 hits last year with my 200 posts.
I am grateful to all of you who keep coming back for no apparent reason.

So it begins, and so it is written on the blog to paradise...oops sorry, pretty much everything I've said today took on some form of Les Mis. In song.  The Citizens are losing patience and at least one of them is looking forward to the respite school will provide tomorrow.  The other is torn.

Let 2013 be the year we all find joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment