I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree!

I love our Christmas Tree.  I've written about it before, on the old blog.

















We collect ornaments all year-wherever we go.  Our tree is a hodge-podge of decorating tastes, but every ornament has a memory attached to it and as I pull out each one and hand it to one of the Citizens we reminisce and laugh about where we got it and what we did there and why it is significant.  When all together it is a big beautiful memory tree.

From The Citizen's first professional
Nutcracker Ballet experience.
Anna, of course, picked Clara.
As a parent it represents a few things I do right.  Well, maybe just one thing, but I'm going to milk it for all its worth.  We make memories.  Good ones.  Not all the time and not all of them are big gigantic things, but we make them.  And although I don't scrap book, we keep them in the form of ornaments.

So I thought I'd show you some of the new ornaments we picked up this year....a sort of year in review, plus a few old ones that have been on the tree since before blogging was a thing.
The kids went for a weekend get-a-way
with their dad to park city.
I thought the chair-lift was a fantastic choice

Merry Christmas.








From The Badlands.  We got similar
leather ornaments of a moose and
an eagle at Glacier National Park.




This was given to me by a friend...
probably as a joke.
I love it.










From our Mexico visit to Chichen Itza.
A gift their daddy brought back from a
business trip to Paris.  The Citizens
want to go there now.
I'm all for it.
Another of our Ukrainian Eggs.
We only have 2 that have survived over
the years--which I think is pretty good
considering they are actual
hollowed-out
eggs.













One from several years back on one
of our many cross-country trips.
I purposely routed us through Memphis
so I could go to Graceland.
The Citizens were less than impressed.









2 comments:

  1. Ha! I have that exact same Paris ornament currenntly hanging on my tree right now. Along with the mini Eiffel tower key chains we bought from the street hawkers for 20 cents each! We collect ornaments too, and I LOVE my tree this year decorated with all our best memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each year our family gets each other ornaments that symbolized that year, what we loved, what we went through. I love when Christmas trees can show memories :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete