I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, December 17, 2012

I'm Not Done Yet

We had two biggish moments at our house last week.

First, I registered my #1 Citizen for Jr. High.  *sigh*

We had to do this early because I've decided to take him out of our school district.  He wasn't particularly pleased with this until he found out his new school (which he declared looked like a prison) has a pool, ceramics class, guitar lessons and chess club.

He got to choose classes and opted for French as his language.  Go figure.

After we went to Culver's and he ate a double cheeseburger with bacon.

Then Citizen #2 turned 8.

This is a big age for Mormon kids because it is when they are baptized and become official members of the church.  The Citizens get a big friend party every other year and Little Miss has been planning hers ever since the last guests left her 6th birthday party.  She pretty much spend most of our church service every week planning this party.


We had to limit the # of girls to 15 since I was pretty sure we couldn't fit more than that in our basement and Anna was most distressed since she has at least 40 very close friends.




We ended up with an even dozen counting her and I survived.

It was about this point that I realized that I have a limited amount of time left with each of them.  William is on the cusp of being an adult himself and nearing 12 will be gone in another 6 years.  That means my work with him should in theory be 2/3 complete.

With Anna at 8 and being a very young 3rd grader, she'll leave for college when she is just 17, which means I am nearly 1/2 way through my time with her.

And then the very next day, I turned on the news, and like most of the nation was shocked by the events in Connecticut.  And I sobbed.  Sobbed because those parents had their time cut short with their people.  They thought they had anther 12 years or so and then they didn't.

I feel blessed and lucky and grateful for my time with The Citizens.  I pray I get to finish my time with them.  Because I am not done with them yet.








No comments:

Post a Comment