I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pumpkin Pulp

It's All Things Pumpkin Week, remember!



So Monday, I showed you the crafty side of pumpkining...but I'll bet you looked at that tray full of pumpkin tops and thought "Don't waste it!"  So frugal you are.  Well, I thought the same thing.  I've tried the whole make a pumpkin from a an actual pumpkin thing and I'll tell you, it didn't seem that there was that big a difference in taste, so I don't know that I would go out of my way to make the pumpkin pulp, but if you've got a 1/2 dozen pie pumpkin scalps just sitting around, you might as well use them right?  And it is pretty easy.









I applied cooking spray liberally to a baking sheet and set the lids stem side up on the pan.

Put in the oven at 350 for 75-90 minutes or until tender when you stick it with a fork.

Let cool and then scrape all that lovely gushy pumpkininess off the skin.

Then it is ready to use.  JUST like the canned stuff, only this is all home-makery and stuff.

Look at all that beautiful pumpkin goodness
just waiting to be made into something yummy.








*Note: this works best with pie pumpkins.  Jack-o-Lantern type pumpkins can be used but have a more stringy flesh and are not quite as sweet.









No comments:

Post a Comment