I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Whatcha Up To La?

That is a very good question.  Too much apparently.  This is not, as someone only kinda kiddingly suggested, because I feel compelled to be popular.  Because, you see, in MY world, I am already popular and therefore do not need to work quite so hard at it.  It is, as is the case with most people I know, a necessity to pay those pesky bills.  And in my particular field, it is often feast or famine.  Left to my own devices, I would love to loll away the hours eating bons bons while staring at the pool boy, but as the saying goes There is no rest for the wicked. And I am nothing if not wicked.
But after being wicked, I make time to be busy.
In the last week and a half, I been in technical rehearsals for three different shows at three different places.
One night the techs overlapped, and when I got done with one I ran over to the other to finish up.
All three are playing now, so if you are looking for a good date night or are tired of staring at your pool boy, come see one of the following:

Zion Theatre Company at The Off Broadway Theatre in Downtown Salt Lake City Presents



I did the costume design on this one.  I think they look pretty good, however of the whole TWO reviews done on this show so far, no one has mentioned how wonderful I am.
Go here for more info. Plays this weekend and next.


Brigham Young University Department of Dance Presents
EviDANCE


This is the annual program formerly known as World of Dance.  It is a good show for families...kids love it.  I helped out with some of the stuff for the "Gypsy Family" and The Contemporary Dance Theatre group.  Ticket info here. Plays through Saturday.  Cool promo video here. And here.  And here.


And lastly, Utah Valley University Theatre Department Presents


This is an almost entirely student produced and designed show.  I supervise the makeup students at UVU and the makeup designer for this show had some...um...a bit of blood and guts to deal with, so I got to supervise that too.  More info here.  It runs through Monday.

So there you go.  You cannot say to me "There's nothing to DO this weekend," unless of course you do not live within reasonable distance of these three very different productions, and in which case, I'm very sorry--you probably are bored.

As for myself, I will not be anywhere this weekend.  It has been a rather long 2 weeks and I'm ready for a break.  And since we have Stake Conference this weekend, I'm seriously considering a day when I do not even get dressed.  But then it is back to the grindstone.


No comments:

Post a Comment