I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Feral

So I decided to take my kids to the State Fair last weekend.  We've never been.  I my whole entire existence, I had not been.  We were excited.  And then we were disappointed.
There is are some cool farm animals at the fair, but since Wm is uber allergic to them, we did not spend a great deal of time in the barns.  So we went to check out the arts and crafts and wow were there a couple of cool things and a whole lotta crap.  I've never seen so many poorly painted ceramics all gathered up together like the a great 80's crafting awakening.
I'll give some credit to the quilts.  There are some mad quilters in this state...but little else to truly appreciate...until we saw this:

Yeah.  It is a sculpture made out of BUTTER.  We were all really impressed.  Never mind that it was of cows playing hunger games.  IT WAS MADE OF BUTTER.



But I let the kids pick out any treat they wanted, and since we got there early, it was basically breakfast.
And by-the-way, pointless to get to the fair early to beat the heat...the carnies don't get up that early to start the ferris-wheel.

she hasn't even started yet and she looks all crazy

Anyway, after starting her day with cotton candy, my darling daughter was wired to go all day.  Couple that with the fact that she was grounded, from friends AND any type of media, and it made for one really long day for me.  I felt punished.  At one point I called her feral.  She asked the meaning, and I said "wild."  Her eyes lit up like cotton candy on fire and began screaming I'M FERAL while running circles around Huck.  He pretended not to notice.


On another note, my yard looks particularly feral right now.  I rather like it.  Especially since I did not plant any of it.  It came from sunflower heaven, apparently.







2 comments:

  1. I was totally planning on going to the state fair, but it didn't work out. Boo. The one in Iowa was amazing; home of the orignial Butter Cow, you know. The year I went, there was a refrigerated hall of butter sculptures, including Superman... Who gets to put Superman on their toast after the fair is over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cow Hunger Games made of butter?!

    ReplyDelete