I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Conversations with a Boy: To the Death

last week pre-haircut.
I am sitting at the kitchen counter intermittently working and facebooking and playing on Pinterest  when Wm sticks his head in the back door and tells me that the wee gang of boys he's been playing with this afternoon is moving locations.

Me:  You look hot and sweaty.  What are you doing?

Wm: Playing Hunger Games.

Me: Oh.  Has anyone died?

Wm: Duh.

Me: Did you die?

Wm:  Well....it came down to me and Logan.

Me: Did Logan kill you?

Wm: Duh.

He runs out happy as a clam to face yet another death.

He returns after only 5 minutes.

Me:  Is it over already?

Wm: No, but B & T showed up, so I decided not to play anymore.

Me: Why?

Wm: Because they're mean.

Me: Ok.  Wondering what it means when neighborhood kids are too mean to play games where you are forced to "kill" your friends but also impressed that he is willing to walk away from a fun game rather than deal with kids who are bullies.

No comments:

Post a Comment