I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Recipe: Trifecta Salad

This is a summertime favorite at our house.  Healthy and light and really really tasty.  I actually take this to any potluck type dinner thing.  There is never another dish like it, and I repeatedly get asked for the recipe.  I often serve it with scoops chips because it makes a great "dip" and I like to scoop up as much as possible, but it is also great alone as a salad.  























1 each of red, yellow & orange bell peppers
1/2 red onion OR 2-4 green onions
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup feta (or to taste... I like a bit more)

Chop peppers and onion finely.  Mix everything together omitting feta if you will not serve immediately.  Add feta just before serving.

I also like to sub in 2 ears of fresh raw corn cut right off the cob for the can of corn in season.

No comments:

Post a Comment