I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mama Needs a Break

So.....you may have noticed I have not blogged in nearly 3 weeks.  I'm pretty sure, even with my inflated sense of self-worth, you are not really missing this.
But I needed a little break.  From pretty much everything.  Sometimes things get rough and you have to pull back. Plus, the Olympics are on.
So I'm not blogging right now.
My kids are eating an extra-ordinary amount of cereal for pretty much every meal.
My house is at that just barely maintaining level.
Clean clothes are found in the dryer.
The dog is totally neglected.
My potted flowers on the porch keep totally wilting before I remember to water them.

But in the end, none of that really matters, and in another month, when school starts up, I think I'll start to feel like myself again and the world will go back to a level of normalcy.  I always perk up a bit when it starts to cool off.
Until then, try to cope by watching the Olympics and eating popcorn and Popsicles.  That's how we're doing it at my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment