I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Liebster Award


So Apparently another blogger, Love Always, Jamie nominated me for a Liebster Award.  Thanks Jamie!  To be honest, I had no idea what it was, and a google search didn't get me much further.  I do, however, think it seems to be a fun way to spread the word about newer bloggers.  So I'm going to further the Liebster cause and keep the good feelings going, because you know what? It DID feel good to have a new person come take a peek at my little blog and deem in worthy to pass along.  And in my experience, feeling good is rare and worthy.  And if I nominate you, and you aren't into feel-good but not exactly real award nominations?  No biggie.  But I read your blog (or have read it at least once), and since the whole purpose of writing a blog is a fleeting hope someone will read it, please know that and be of good cheer.



So here's how it works:


The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. 
Liebster, in German, means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people that you tag
3. choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. go to their page and tell them
5. no tag backs!

#1 So here are 11 Things about me: ( I pretty much pulled this off a prior thing I wrote about myself...)

1.I don’t make my bed on Sundays.  I like to pretend it is some meaningful attachment to keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, but really it is about wishful thinking—I always think I’m gonna get back in it and take a nap.

2. I have a deep connection to the earth.  Not as in “I want to save it” but as in my grandfather was a farmer and most of my childhood memories involve tomatoes—although I have an unproved theory that by composting, I WOULD save the earth.  This theory also involves keeping chickens—all of which would be done in wide brimmed hats.

3. I love movie popcorn.  I can eat an entire BARREL of it by myself.  It is an indication that I am aging that if I try to do this anymore, it doesn’t end well—so I don’t usually eat an entire barrel by myself.  Usually.  I have passed this love to Anna, and going to a movie with us and expecting to share the popcorn is an exercise in disappointment.

4. I don’t really like water much.  I love sitting near, sailing on, even skiing upon, but don’t much like to be in it.  Despite this, I have always thought snorkeling would be really cool, and I got a chance to try it out this year and it WAS really cool.  I swam with turtles.

5. I like the shape of my feet in socks.

6. I can’t put clothes back in my closet unless they are “ready-to-wear”—as in ironed.  This sometimes causes a bit of a back up in the laundry room.  I am also overly concerned with equality among my wardrobe and rotate individual items so as to provide fair wearing time—I think this is the remnants of wanting to color the same amount with each of my crayons, thus wearing down all the points the same.  Everything I colored as a child was a rainbow.

7. I love lists.  They make me feel like I accomplish stuff.

8.  I used to live in the East, and was considered a conservative.  Then I moved back to Utah and now I am a raving liberal lunatic.  I’m pretty sure my views didn’t change.

9. As a general rule, I do not sing or dance.  This is as much to preserve what little dignity I possess as to protect the sanity of others.  My children, however, are not protected under the “no dance no sing” clause and we all can belt a mean “Let it Be”.  I also make up wacky songs to ward off monsters or republicans and have some pretty good “moves”.

10.  If I did sing and dance I would want to be Hot Box Dancer from “Guys n’ Dolls”—mainly for the costumes.

11. I have learned that being clever isn’t as useful as being reliable.  Cleverness has its place, but being able to get things done is a gift.



#2 Jamie's questions
1. how would you describe your decorating style?
Simple clean lines.  Usually this transcribes into things that are way more expensive than you think.
2. if money were no object, what would be your dream job?
I would change jobs every couple of months.  I would just try out things...with substantial travel breaks in between.
3. when was your last haircut?
A couple of weeks ago.  In order to maintain my natural youthful beauty I have to get a little help...
4. what is your favorite beverage?
I guess legally I have to say caffeinated beverages since I think I am a registered addict.
5. what is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Have kids.  I still don't know how that one is going to end.
6. do you think opposites attract? why?
I'm fairly cynical about attraction in general.  It tends to be a waste of time and perfectly good emotional stability.
7. what "friends" character are you most similar to? 
I think if I didn't say Monica, people would correct me.  Yes, I am that girl.  And probably closest to Bree on Desperate Housewives.
8. if you could only listen to one song for the rest of the day, what song would it be?
Silence.  I don't want to listen to anything else played more than once.  The song on repeat at my house is "Moooooom, where are you!"
9. do you drink your cereal milk that's left in the bottom of the bowl?
I do not eat cereal.  Or drink Milk.  Milk in unnatural.  Other mammals wean themselves; we just moved to a different mammal.
10. what is your favorite clothing store?
Anthropology.  But in reality I pretty much only shop Target.
11. calling or texting? 
Texting.  It is efficient.  And I love efficiency.

#3 My Questions
1.  What is your favorite food that no one else appreciates?
2.  Top 3 travel destinations.
3.  If you could indulge regularly in some frivolous spa type treatment, what would you pick?
4. What name would you have given your child if you thought no one would judge you?
5. What Desperate Housewives character would your friends think you are similar to?
6. Favorite Musical
7. What "skill" (defined loosely) would you most like to develop?
8.  If you had to choose between your dishwasher and clothes washer, which one would it be?
9. If you could go for a ride with Dr. Who, where/when would you go?
10. What famous person would you add to your book club?

#4 My Nominations


and then frankly I had to quit nominating because every other blog I've ever read or heard of has at least a bajillion readers...and I am yet so small in bloggerdom. So five is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment