I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Deeper Questions of the Universe: The Maxi Dress

Ok friends, I am kinda into the Maxi dress this season.  I'm still not sure it is one of the those styles I should be wearing, but they leave me feeling less self-conscious about my thickness and are rather cool.  They are somewhat impractical if you have a lot of movement in your day.  Or ladders...I learned this the hard way the other day.
This one happens to be a maternity from Target
shhhh....don't tell
They are also everywhere and a fairly cheap addition to one's wardrobe. 
So what do you think?  Yay or nay?






*side note: I couldn't figure out how to spell self-conscious so I absently asked out loud.  Anna looked at me like I had just grown a second head and said, with absolute seriousness "self and then conscious."  I am raising a monster.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't managed to find a maxi dress that doesn't look like the top of the dress is filled with two battling beach balls. Either they show ALL the cleavage or they make me feel like I'm choking in it.
    I have been absolutely LIVING in maxi-skirts, though. I've been making them with knit yoga-style waistbands which are insanely comfortable.

    ReplyDelete