I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A woman, a wrench and some overconfidence go into a bathroom

So the little handle flusher thingy on a toilet at my house broke.  In years past this would have taken weeks, possibly even months to find someone to fix something of this magnitude.

But things have changed.  I am a woman armed with tools and access to the internet, although, I'm proud to add, I didn't even need the internets for this one.  Plus, it is difficult to google something you don't know the name for...

Anyway, if you are the primary fixer of stuff around your house, you know how triumphant I felt when, after spending less than 5 minutes in Lowe's I walked out with the right part and on my way to meet fixinit destiny. Of course, I did pause and choke slightly when the woman told me a new thingy was $18 (the price was missing from the wall) and I wondered if that piece could possibly cost that much.  Of course, I did find one that was nice and metal and matched all the other nice shiny metal things in the bathroom and it was replacing a handle that was plastic that just looked like metal, but still.  Highway robbery.

So I fixed it.  It took me less than 10 minutes, and that includes the time searching for the wrench, which I have displayed prominently in the photo, because we are good friends now, this tool and I, having bonded in the fiery pit of home repair.

I'm not sure I'm ready to tackled anything electrical yet, but I've noticed a whole section of books at the library that look like they could be wicked useful.

1 comment:

  1. hey i'm your newest follower and just wanted to let you know i nominated you for a blogger award! come over to my page to check it out!

    ReplyDelete