I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back in the Closet

So here's your efficient housekeeping tip for the month:

BEFORE
Quit folding sheets and towels.  There.  I said it.  I'm not kidding.  I have what I like to refer to as my "informal" linen closet.  I have the normal kind too...the kind you let your grandma look in to inspect your housekeeping skills, but mostly I use the informal one, because it is way easier and more efficient--which leads to a 100% happier mom.  Guaranteed.

Here it is.  Some of you may refer to this space in your house as the "guest room."  Well la-DE-DA.  That's where I keep the towels and sheets waiting to be used.  Some of you are judging me right now...I don't care.  The constant stress of having every aspect of ours lives perfect, when no one even sees it is going to drive us crazy.  Believe me, I've been to crazy town and it is full of people with perfectly folded linens (some even pressed!!).  Well, I've chosen to fight my crazy the natural way--by not folding sheets, unless it is for a specific reason.


AFTER: guest ready, almost
The only bad part about it is when you do actually have company (reason) and have to convert it back to its boring "neat & clean for guests" state.  But since that only happens a couple of times a year at our house, I'm OK with it.

Try it.  You'll love it.

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't do it. Would lay awake and think about what needed to be done. Down in the basement. It would CALL to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liar liar pants on fire. You could, you just don't want to seem like the type of person who could.

      Delete
  2. I love what you said here,

    "The constant stress of having every aspect of ours lives perfect, when no one even sees it is going to drive us crazy." Hallelujah and amen, sister!

    ReplyDelete