I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Return of the Fun Mom

Last Friday marked the end of school for The Citizens.  In truth they hadn't done anything productive at school for at least two weeks...but I guess they just need them to hang around that long to wash off desks and make sure the VCRs in the classrooms still work.




As per my contract with The Citizens, they were able to pull out the Fun Mom for the afternoon (school got out at 12:45) for the annual SCHOOL'S OUT PARTY.


Everyone gets invited.  Too many come.  We averaged about the same as last year 45-50 (so dang hard to count!!) and this year we did a water party.


I throw hot dogs and chips and soda at them and a neighbor brought a cotton candy machine.  They go crazy for a  couple of hours and then we can declare, at least at our house, that summer has fully arrived.

Then the fun mom lets the dog loose in the backyard to do cleanup and goes back inside to recover for a couple of days.



I think this is the last year we will be able to have a joint Wm/Anna bash...the 5th grade (oops sorry, officially 6th grade boys) spent most of their time terrorizing Anna's friends.  Plus, this motley crowd has taken on the very serious growing-up task of becoming "too cool" for so many things.  Like parties with your little sister.  So...in the meantime I'm going to go take a nap, because next year we'll have to do 2 parties.  I don't know if the Fun Mom can handle it.  Deep down...she's not that fun.
























1 comment:

  1. I thought I was being a fun mom by letting 5 nine year old boys come over to play the Wii and eat pizza. I was quite impressed with myself, actually. And I needed recovery time afterwards. I won't let my son hear about the REAL fun mom in town.

    ReplyDelete