I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Friday, June 15, 2012

My New Best Friend

The time had come.  I had to purchase my own computer.  BYU asked for theirs back.  I knew this day was coming and was prepared for it, and to tell you the truth, I'm excited to have my own companion again.  Untouched and undefiled, working properly with full battery life.

I have been trying to determine exactly what I needed for the past couple of weeks, so I went in today, sure of my purchase.  Lucky for me, new Mac Books came out earlier in the week, and so the one I had decided on is now obsolete, old, not technologically current.  I didn't care.  It made it much cheaper, and I'm a girl who likes a deal.  The new version has some sort of retinal scan.  I don't know what that is--don't tell me.  I didn't even know it existed and I was perfectly happy with this computer last week.  I'm not that tech fancy, so probably scanning my retina is not all that important.

I haven't even taken it out of the box yet.  I think I might wrap it up and give it to myself formally.  And then maybe have a family party where we introduce our newest family member...because truth be told, I spend some of my best and more intimate moments with my computer.


She will need a name.  Previously most of my computers have been male..and Latin, but I think this one here is a she-machine.

I'm a little nervous about our first meeting.  She's not even out of the box and I can feel her power.



1 comment:

  1. Last year I bought a MacBook Air. For school - of course. Completely practical reasons. I LOVE it. I love it more than I should love an inanimate object. I think Mac's are made for people who don't care how technology works - they just want it to work, dammit. I hope you love your new computer.

    ReplyDelete