I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

How Many Blondes does It Take To Unscrew a Lightbulb?

Remember Yesterday when I was feeling all great about my exploits into successful home repair?  Yeah, well I may have bragged a bit too soon.  I decided that I was ready to change a light bulb.  Yeah, go ahead, crack the joke now.  The thing is, this lightbulb is one of those 4 foot long florescent thingies and it is perched precariously on my basement ceiling.  The whole thing could come down at any minute, I tell you.  And those things make a mighty mess when they break.
But the light had been going all Dr. Who on me, and before I go blind from sewing in the scary flicker, I decided I could tackle it.
Yeah.  Things did not go well.  As I stood barefoot on the coffee table with my poor sad weak arms holding up the new bulb, the whole thing detached from the ceiling.  Of course, it was at that moment one of The Citizens appeared (how do they do that??) right as I let loose a MFer.  Now hells and damns fly fast and furious from my mouth all day long, and as a result no one batts an eye at that...but little miss, who scarcely stops talking to sleep, clamped her little mouth down in shock, turned on her heel and tramped right back up the stairs.  She is just smart enough to realize that she had just stumbled upon the scene of the crime, and I might turn on her next.  There the hell goes my mother of the year award. Again.  Luckily we are headed out of town, so I think I'm done with my little foray into Do-It-Yourself for the time being.
And it was just a lightbulb, dammit.

No comments:

Post a Comment