I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Two Can Play...

So I'm off my game today...I forgot my computer cord at work and as soon as my computer heard this it died (this is no lie...don't tell me they don't sense things and won't someday take over the world).  I screamed at Anna this morning, the wind is blowing (I hate wind), William is home sick, I don't feel great and Mother's Day is approaching, that odious of all holidays.
AND THEN, I borrowed the kids computer, which I rarely do because it is a PC and is possessed of the DEVIL, and that is when my life just took a new low turn.  Apparently William has set up his own blog.  HIS OWN BLOG.  A blog I know nothing about and which is, by the title of it, about how awful his life is.....sigh.  There are no posts yet, but I will be following...oh yes, I will.  Two can play at this game of home internet subterfuge.



***post published addendum.  When I went to facebook, he is there too!!  How I do not know this is beyond me.  I'm thinking I get a big fat FAIL in Mothering to kids born into the internets.  As soon as I figure out how to do the history on this M&*^%%F*&&%@@! machine....

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that would freak me out too! I understand teen (or preteen) angst, but it's kinda scary how easy it is for them to publish all their drama in such public places. My girls are only allowed to get online on the hulking desktop in the family room using KidZui browser (I instituted that rule when I found one of them googling new games for girl to play. The search term "grls gams" gave me a heart attack. Thank heavens for Safe Search!) I did set my two olders up with their own email accounts recently (for the critical purpose of being able to set up their own Pottermore accounts of course). I have them connected to my gmail account so I can click over to see what's going on there. They also know that if they ever feel the need to be secretive on the computer they'll lose priviledges. They're not to a point where they're all secretive like that, but I know it could happen at any point! Definitely learn how to check the history and see if you can work in some good talks about internet safety. It would be unfortunate if emo posts as a pre-teen come back to embarass him (or worse) in the future. Plus the creepers... always the creepers. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete