I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Seize My Day


Mother's Day has come and gone and I survived it as did you.  The Citizens were keenly aware of Mother's Day this year...perhaps we are in that rare state in between babies and teenagers and all is good.



Anna made me this perfect card and perfect breakfast.  She made it all by herself.

My favorite line:
"Your my only mother."

And as a matter-of-fact, I am.

After she gave it to me she realized she had misspelled her own name.



This may be the best breakfast I've ever had in my whole life.



Perhaps I survived the day because I decided to take matters into my own hands and splurged on a pair of shoes I've wanted for quite some time.  Not that gifts are the thing that matters, but that I mattered enough to myself to know that a jaunty pair of red shoes would soothe the soul on a rather difficult day that really only serves to make women feel inadequate.  And they did just that.










1 comment:

  1. I love your Mother's Day posts because I have all kinds of conflicted feelings about this day. My little boy's homemade cards and gifts he makes at school are the best part. This year he was the only person in my life who seemed to acknowledge the day. And he is wonderful. There are others who are not so high on my favorites list right now. But whatever. Maybe I'll buy my own pair of fabulous shoes.

    Thanks for not writing sappy Mother's Day posts.

    ReplyDelete