I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Conversations with a Boy

Last Friday for movie night I promised the kids I would go fetch them a movie from Redbox...here is the conversation that ensued:

Me: William, I'm running to get the movie, if the timer rings before I get back, take the pizza out of the oven. these seem like pretty simple instructions to me

Wm: Ok.  Wait.  With my bare hands?

Me: No.  Not with bare hands.  It will be hot. Note to self: remember to teach Wm some useful life lessons like how to take HOT things out of the oven. Use oven mitts.

Wm:  Ok.  Wait.  What are oven mitts?

Me: silence.  

Wm: Oh wait! Laughs.  Those are those big glove things, right?  Will you get them out for me?

Me: They are in the drawer right next to the oven.  I think you can handle it.  Actually, this conversation has left me in serious doubt of that.

I left anyway, but made haste lest my house burn down...

1 comment:

  1. what a cute post! Too funny though. I love the things kids say.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete