I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Ask Huck Monday

Happy Monday!

I found Huck this morning reading nursery tales....I typically don't ask.  I'm not sure I want to know.

Today we have a question from a young reader:

Dear Huck,

Why do dogs like to chase balls so much?  My dog will do this for hours.

Love,
Tired arm in Kentucky

Dear arms,
You should be grateful you have arms with which to throw.  Any dog would give his eye teeth to be able to throw their own ball.  That does not mean, however, that I condone this type of activity.  It is among the baser pleasures of many dogs, to be sure, but that doesn't make it right.  On moral grounds I do not participate in such activities.  My human makes snide remarks about my lack of interest in "fetching" (such a degrading term), and about how I will become fat from lack of exercise.  Little does she know that I spend a good portion of the day while she is at work on her elliptical machine.
But I digress, if your Canine friend loves to play with the ball, indulge him.  There may be a day when such low entertainments will not be suitable for our kind.

Yours respectfully,
Huck


To submit a query to Huck simply email him at hucksadvice@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment