I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Feast

Easter Brie
This year we celebrated Easter with dear friends.  I cooked and she drove.  Her husband (with perhaps a tinge of guilt) asked why they hadn't contributed more to the feast.  We both agreed that we both did what we would rather do.  She would rather drive and I would rather cook.  It is best this way.
I do not do a really lavish meal for Easter.  Most of it can be purchased or prepared ahead, so there is less Sunday bustle...which is good since I have church until 4:00.
This is what we had, plus a ham and funeral potatoes, which were not as photogenic.

Deviled Eggs, bread & butter pickles & pineapple

Southern Biscuits.  A specialty of mine...perhaps I'll
share the recipe if you are nice to me.

Asparagus.  Lots.  We all like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment