I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Time Change Blues and How to Cope


So today I was feeling rather peevish all day. Actually what I was feeling was pissy, but that's not a very lady like way to speak in blog....
Anyway, I was cranky as all get out.  The time change is not my friend, and not only because it disrupts very particular sleep patterns, and makes people super extra unproductive, but because it is stupid.

And then I read a rather moving post on my friend Kirsten's Blog about healing, and where she found it (ward choir of all places!!) and then I felt even MORE melancholy and decided to seek out some healing of my own.

For those of you that know me well enough to know me well, know that I have not found much healing in my life--ever (which is probably why I have, at best, a rather twisted relationship with God...), but since I'm a do-it-yourself kinda gal, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

And wouldn't you know it, but right then, right when I was about to seek my own brand of healing (probably in that stash of Girl Scout cookies I picked up Saturday), Huck walked in.  So happy, and carefree....he walked right past me to go lay in the sun that was pouring in through the back door....and wouldn't you know it, but his careless attitude pissed me off even more.

And that my friends is when I realized I haven't visited one of my favorite past times of late.  101 Ways To Piss off Your Beagle.

So I bathed him first--he stank and he hates it...and then I decided that with his now sour expression he looked particularly French, and wouldn't you know it, but I happen to own a black beret and red scarf?  If I thought I could have wrestled him into a striped T-shirt I would have, but there is no point in gilding the lily, so to speak.

And although there are probably better ways to soothe the soul, or whatever, what I say is DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU...until PETA calls you on it.

On to a better day!

*It should be noted, that this post was in no way intended to infer that the French are sour, but since that is where I descend from and I am sour I think I can draw that line however I want.








I had exactly 2 seconds to giggle and get my photo before he did this until I took it off him...then he slowly (I am assuming with what little dignity he had left) left the room, and I am not kidding tooted at me as he left, which quite frankly I deserved, but was worth it, and also proves my point that dogs do have control over those sorts of things.



























No comments:

Post a Comment