I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Friday, March 16, 2012

A St. Patty's Menu

I think everyone has a little Irish in them.  According to family lore, we actually do have some Irish blood in us and the story goes that my Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather came over from Ireland and headed west.  He got himself a bride somewhere along there, but wouldn't you know it, he was so far west (mind you, this is somewhere along the western border of Virginia) she got taken by Indians.  But being stubborn, he went to fetch her, and the Indians were just going to kill this small bad-tempered man, but he was able to talk them out of it and work for several years to secure her release.  They then had themselves a baby, which killed her.

In honor of family stories like these and my love of all things historical (true or practically true) I stole this menu from another blogger and I'd like to share.

Posting it today should give you ample time to pre-make your shamrock croutons and get all the other ingredients that were part of this festive meal in 1912.

Enjoy!

*Don't forget the give-away--only a couple of days left!





No comments:

Post a Comment