I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all

My photo
I'm a costume designer, makeup artist, teacher, mom, sewer, knitter, baker, want-to-learn-how-to-do-it-all, blogging, Costumed Beagle enthusiast. I am not always pleasant, although through intensive cupcake therapy I have learned not to throw knives at people anymore.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

He Should Have Seen it Comin'



Lest you think Huck is somehow an anomaly and mistake what is a crucial part of our domestic landscape for abuse and ill humor, I will show you what I have done to my children and thus prove I have always been crazy, and by joining our family, he should have seen it coming...



I actually made this for a niece but I had to try it on someone before I shipped it...
I've seen this look on Huck's face too....

The Actual first costume

Wm age 2.  Lederhosen.
LEDERHOSEN

Age 3: Robin Hood.


First costume...it just seemed to fit her...
Age 4: He said he wanted to be a pirate....

Wm the vampire.  Anna at 2 & 3 asked to be a
Princess...she never specified which one...



Wm really got into it this year...he designed this one himself.

Prolly my favorite.  

Enter Huck's first costume...see how happy he is to be a part of the family??

















1 comment:

  1. Love. This. I read your blog actively, which makes me feel a little creepy, since I'm still not sure how the Professor-former student-former employee relationship should play out in the blogosphere. But I keep trying to devise ways to become... cool enough? to borrow some of these costumes when I have kids/ dogs of my own.

    ...I especially love the Lederhosen. Your poor boy. That one goes in his wedding slide show for sure.

    ReplyDelete